- Are you looking for help with how to use the Apple iCloud on your Apple Mac computer?
- Do you need to understand how the Apple iCloud works?
- Are you looking for an Apple iCloud Specialist?
- Have you been to the Apple Store and you need to find out more about the iCloud?
- Do you need help with your Apple ID account?
- Are you looking for expert advise on how to use the iCloud?
Keith Thomas – Apple Specialist, is an Apple iCloud Support Specialist that provides a same day and a same hour Apple Mac computer IT support service.
We provide information on how to use the Apple iCloud and how to use an Apple ID account on your Apple Mac computer.
Ask our Apple iCloud Specialists and Apple iCloud questions about the Apple iCloud and about your Apple ID.
How to use iCloud on your Apple Mac computer
Essential information on how to correctly setup Apple iCloud on your Apple Mac computer.
Did you know that the Apple iCloud service has been running since the launch of OS X Lion 10.7x?
And today with Apple macOS Monterey the Apple iCloud service keeps on getting new features and new technologies often launched without notice.
And designed to help an Apple user and also a Windows PC computer use the Apple iCloud services.
How to use the Apple iCloud
Make sure that you Apple ID and Apple iCloud account is 100% safe and secure.
The best way to use the Apple iCloud is to start by making sure that your Apple ID and Apple iCloud account is safe and secure.
The way to make sure that you Apple ID and Apple iCloud account is safe and secure is by checking that the information about you that Apple has stored against your Apple ID is 100% correct, and to update and to fix any incorrect information that is shown against your Apple ID iCloud account.
- Make sure that you know and understand each Apple Mac computer, and Apple iPhone, Apple, iPad device that is signed into your Apple ID.
- Do not share a Apple ID with another member of your family or husband or wife, or partner, instead create a Apple ID Family sub-Apple ID accounts.
- Make sure that you can sign into the official Apple ID support website page and the information is correct.
- Do not share, or give your Apple ID or Apple iCloud password to anyone at Apple or to an Apple Store staff member at any time.
- If you think your Apple ID password or any of your Apple ID personal information is known or incorrect then ideally use your own iPhone to change your Apple ID password.
- Make sure that if you have sold or you are able to sell, or give away a Apple Mac computer, you sign out of the Apple ID account before to give away or sell or your erase the Apple Mac computer or Apple iPhone, iPad.
- For Apple Mac computer users, update the macOS operating system to macOS High Sierra or newer for the best Apple iCloud experience.
- If you use Microsoft Windows or you need to setup your Apple ID email address on a non-Apple device or a Windows PC computer, make sure you create a non-Apple app password this is needed to support Microsoft Windows 10 and Windows 11 and Android devices that need to be setup with a Apple iCloud email address.
- Change your Apple ID email address if you no longer have access to the Apple ID email address, for example, if you used Virgin Mail or BT Mail and you have switched to another broadband account service, then update your Apple ID to one that you have full access.
- Change your Apple ID password once every 12 months or at least once every 24 months, and do not write it down, make sure it’s very secure. Do not use your date of birth year, and do not use your house name or house number, or any password like a car registration number, or even a pet’s name, and always avoid using a nickname. One of the best ways to create a safe password is to use one that Apple can suggest, from the suggest new password.
How to setup the Apple ID, Apple iCloud on an Apple Mac computer.
For most Apple Mac computer users, you are asked to sign into a Apple ID, Apple iCloud account when you setup you’re a new Apple Mac computer or an Apple product or device.
If you are not signed into your Apple ID account on your Apple Mac computer, then open the System Preferences panel from the Apple Menu Items and open the Apple ID icon or the Apple iCloud icon on your Apple Mac computer.
And if you are sharing an Apple Mac computer with another person, then you might need to create a computer account so you can sign into your own user profile.
What to do if you are sharing an Apple ID or Apple iCloud account email address with another person?
Did you know that Apple does not support Apple ID sharing and you cannot merge two Apple ID or Apple iCloud accounts so they work share the data or merge the data?
If you are sharing a Apple ID email address or a Apple ID account with another person in your family or with a friend, then using a Apple Mac computer you can separate the data and copy it to another Apple ID account. This can only be done by using an Apple Mac computer to extract the information and data from an Apple ID to another Apple ID.
How to make the best use of your Apple ID and Apple iCloud account?
The best way to use your Apple ID and Apple iCloud account is to make sure that you have switched on all of the services in the Apple ID or Apple iCloud control panel, this includes using the Apple iCloud Drive, Apple iCloud Photos, Apple iCloud Calendars, Apple iCloud Contact, Apple iCloud Safari, Apple Keychain. and all of the other services shown, even if you may not use them now.
The if you have an Apple iPhone or Apple iPad, then simply make sure that you have the same Apple ID and Apple iCloud services switched on.
For most Apple Mac computer users and Apple iPhone and Apple iPad users this completed the Apple ID and Apple iCloud setup that you need to use?
How to use iCloud and iCloud Drive
You can use the icloud service on many Apple devices and Apple products, using the Apple iCloud with iCloud Drive is by using an Apple Mac computer that is signed into a Apple ID account. then all you need to do is to make sure that the Apple ID account is signed in, and the options for iCloud Drive has been ticked. To use the Apple iCloud Drive on a Apple Mac computer, simply use the MacOS Finder icon, and view the iCloud Drive sidebar menu to manage the iCloud drive on a Apple Mac computer. You can use the MacOS Finder dialog box window to perform further iCloud Drive actions.
Did you know that with the Apple iCloud Drive if you switch on the option for the iCloud Drive Desktop and Documents folders then if you use more than one Apple Mac computer or Apple iPhone, or Apple iPad the files, folders, and documents are shown on all devices. For an Apple iPhone or Apple iPad, the file manager is a app known as Files and is pre-installed with iPhone iOS and iPadOS.
Do i still need to make an Apple Time Machine backup if the Apple ID and Apple iCloud is used?
Yes. Apple recommend that you create a Apple Time Machine backup for each Apple Mac computer that you use, and you create a Apple iCloud backup for each Apple iPhone and Apple iPad that you use, this is in addition to using the Apple ID and Apple iCloud services.
Did you know that if you delete a file in macOS that is in the Desktop or Documents folder, the file is also removed from all of the devices that are signed into the same Apple ID.
If you also delete a contact or a calendar event this is also deleted from all of the devices and computers that are signed into the same Apple ID.
And with Apple Photos for Mac using the Apple iCloud Photos, Photos that are deleted from Photo for Mac or Photos on the iPhone, or Photos from a Apple iPad are also deleted from a Apple ID, Apple iCloud account.
How to get further help on how to use the iCloud on your Apple Mac computer or Apple iPhone, Apple iPad?
Apple Mac Support, by Keith Thomas is a Apple iCloud Specialist and Apple iCloud expert that provides a same day and same hour Apple Mac Remote IT Support service and an Apple Telephone IT Support service in the UK United Kingdom.
To get further assistance with your Apple ID or with your Apple iCloud account on your Apple Mac computer, simply complete the online website contact form, to get Apple ID support and Apple iCloud support, or to ask an Apple ID, Apple iCloud question.
- Complete the online website contact form. (open 24 Hours) with 10:30 am to 21:00 pm response times for completed forms sent to us.
- Our online website contact form only takes a few minutes to complete on your • computer • phone • tablet device.
- We respond by email: we are open daily from 09:30 am to 20:30 pm • 7 days a week service! including weekends and Sundays!
- For Apple Product Repairs for Hardware and Apple Service, use the Apple Product Repairs button!
- Call or Text 07800 940756 lines open 10:30 – 13:00, 14:00 – 17:00, 18:45 – 20:30