Mac Upgrades near me service by Keith Thomas – Apple MacOS software upgrades specialist and Mac Computer Expert.
Keith Thomas provides onsite and remote Apple Mac computer upgrades service for both home computer users, and for companies, small businesses across Surrey Hampshire Berkshire Wiltshire London and to some areas and locations in Buckinghamshire, Dorset, and Somerset.
Did you know that macOS is update at least 3 or 4 times a year?
- Are you looking to upgrade your Apple Mac computer with a newer version of macOS?
- Do you need help with Mac upgrades for your Apple iMac • MacBook Air • MacBook Pro computer?
- Are you keen to find out how to upgrade your Apple Mac computer to the newest macOS software version that your computer can use?
- Are you keen to find out how to check and make sure that your Apple Mac computer has all of the macOS updates installed?
- Do you need to find out if you can upgrade your Apple Mac computer to the latest macOS version that your computer can use?
Mac Upgrades near me – expert help with macOS software upgrades.
Keith Thomas provides Apple Mac computer software upgrades for both home users and for small businesses that need to upgrade their Apple Mac home computer or office business Apple Mac computer.
Our Apple Mac upgrades service is for customers that need professional help with upgrading the software on your Apple Mac computer.
Most Apple Mac computer software upgrades work without any major issues or problems; however, some home users and businesses customers upgrade their Apple Mac computer software without any Apple Mac technical support or assistance form a Apple Mac computer engineer or Apple Mac computer specialist.
Our Mac Upgrades near me service can help both home users and small businesses complete a Apple Mac upgrade service. Our Apple Mac computer upgrade specialists and Apple Mac computer engineers are able to provide Apple Mac technical support and technical assistance to home users and for small businesses that need expert professional help with a Mac Upgrade near me service.
How to upgrade MacOS on your Apple Mac computer?
Below is a summary of the key steps that should be considered before performing any Apple MacOS upgrade.
- Make a backup.
- Find out which Apple Mac OS operating system software to you upgrade too.
- Do a software audit to ensure that your applications will run after a Apple Mac OS upgrade.
- Do a hardware audit to make sure that your printers and peripherals will work with any MacOS upgrade.
- Make sure that you have enough ram memory to support the Mac upgrade.
- Ensure that you have enough storage capacity on your internal storage volume to complete a Mac OS upgrade.
- Remove any third-party software tools that might cause the MacOS Upgrade to fail.
- For older Apple Mac computers that have a mechanical storage volume make sure the Hard Disk is SMART verified.
The actions in Bold are the key points that need to be considered before any Apple Mac upgrade is done. If any of the steps are not completed, then possible problems will arise after a Apple Mac OS upgrade to the MacOS operating system software.
Why Upgrade the Apple MacOS operating system software on an Apple Mac computer?
macOS Security. – macOS Malware is on the rise!
The best way to keep your Apple Mac computer safe is to upgrade the Apple Mac security, every time Apple updates the Apple MacOS operating system software, Apple Mac security updates a new Apple Mac security features are applied.
With The Apple Mac OS Big Sur operating system software Apple have upgraded Apple Safari to provide the very best internet security and privacy. The Apple Mac Big Sur with Apple Safari is perhaps the best internet protection web browser to use.
The Apple MacOS operating system software since Mac OS X has been focused on security, which is built into the Apple Mac operating system software, by using the newest and latest Apple MacOS operating system that you Apple Mac computer can support, the best Apple Mac security performance Is achieved.
macOS Speed and Performance.
The best Apple Mac computer performance is often achieved by upgrading to and installing macOS newest supported version for your Apple Mac computer.
Since Apple Mac OS High Sierra the Apple Mac OS operating system software has been optimised to support Flash storage known as SSD solid state technology.
The newest Apple Mac OS file system APFS allows an Apple Mac computer file system to run error free, and takes away the need for a storage volume to have storage de-fragmentation.
Over time the older Apple Mac file system HFS needed hard disk maintenance to keep the Apple Mac computer running efficiently.
With APFS the need for storage maintenance is simply making sure that the storage volume has enough storage space.
Apple have now moved all of their products to use flash storage, of course Apple optimised Apple Mac OS Big Sur and Mac OS Catalina to take advantage of the flash storage SSD solid state technology.
Of course, this means that Apple tested MacOS Catalina and Apple Mac OS Big Sur on conventional Hard Disk drives and quickly updated the Apple iMac range away from mechanical hard disk drive technology to flash storage SSD solid state drive technology in August 2020.
So the plan was to make Apple MacOS Big Sur only run and install on 2014 or newer Apple Mac computers, the use of flash storage SSD solid state drives will take over the conventional mechanical storage volumes.
For the very best performance upgrade, upgrading from a 1Tb SATA 5400 rpm or from 1 1Tb SATA 7200 rpm to a flash storage SSD solid state drive will give at least 66% Mac OS performance.
macOS new Features.
By upgrading the Apple MacOS operating system software often bring in new features.
For home users and for small businesses that are trying to use Apple Mac OS Lion or Apple Mac OS Mountain Lion or Apple Mac OS Mavericks or Apple Mac OS Yosemite in 2021 you will have major issues with using your Apple ID • Apple iCloud • Apple Safari.
• The Apple iCloud Drive will not work if you have another Apple Mac computer or Apple device that has been upgraded to a newer Mac OS version.
• As companies update their websites Apple Mac Safari becomes not useable on Mac OS Lion • Mac OS Mountain Lion • Mac OS Mavericks • Mac OS Yosemite, Apple Mac OS El Capitan is still useable for most websites, however this will change to Mac OS High Sierra • Mac OS Mojave • Mac OS Catalina over time.
• A known workaround for Apple Mac Safari on older Apple Mac OS operating systems is to install Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, however this approach is not the best solution to follow, the best option is to update the Apple Mac computer to run a newer Apple Mac OS operating system software.
For home users and for small businesses that need the very best security, in some cases a new Apple Mac computer purchase is the best Apple Mac computer security solution.
Are you using an older Apple MacOS operating system software but have a new Apple iPhone or Apple iPad?
For the Apple iPhone and Apple iPad, Apple has published the iPhone and iPad system requirements for using a Apple iPhone or Apple iPad with a Apple Mac computer.
If you have a Apple iPhone or Apple iPad that has iOS 11 or older version of iOS and you are trying to synchronise iCloud data between a Apple iPhone or Apple Ipad to a Apple Mac computer that is not using Apple MacOS High Sierra or newer, some Apple ID iCloud services will simply not work correctly.
Apple has a Apple ID support document on the minimum requirements for using a Apple ID with a Apple Mac computer or Apple product Apple ID System requirements.
Are you using the Apple iCloud on both old and new Apple Mac computers?
If you have more than one Apple Mac computer and you are using a newer macOS version and a older macOS version. You will find the the Apple iCloud services will not work on the older version of macOS. If you have a Apple Mac computer on macOS El Capitan or older and you have a newer Apple Mac computer on macOS Catalina or newer. The Apple iCloud Drive will not work on the older macOS • Apple Pages • Numbers • Keynote iCloud documents will not sync. The Safari bookmarks will not sync. some iCloud services will still work – Contacts • Calendars • iCloud Keychain.
For the best Apple iCloud experience upgrade to macOS Catalina or newer. If you Apple Mac computer will not run macOS Catalina, consider a new Apple Mac computer.
With macOS El Capitan and earlier macOS operating system software versions, some features of the Apple iCloud services from Apple no longer work.
How to get help with a macOS upgrade near me?
- Complete the online website contact form. (open 24 Hours) with 10:30 am to 21:00 pm response times for completed forms sent to us.
- Our online website contact form only takes a few minutes to complete on your • computer • phone • tablet device.
- We respond by email: we are open daily from 09:30 am to 20:30 pm • 7 days a week service! including weekends and Sundays!
- For Apple Product Repairs for Hardware and Apple Service, use the Apple Product Repairs button!
- Call or Text 07800 940756 lines open 10:30 – 13:00, 14:00 – 17:00, 18:45 – 20:30