Where can I Get Mac OS Recovery Console Help and Mac Recovery Help with how to use the Apple Mac Computer Recovery Console?
Find and Get Mac OS Recovery Console Help from Keith Thomas, the Mac OS Software Specialist and Apple Mac Computer Engineer that can help you with Mac OS Recovery Console, and help you if your Apple Mac Computer will not start up or you need help with a Mac OS Recovery Console Repair.
Get macOS Recovery Console Support from Apple Support Specialists.
Get macOS Recovery Console Support from Apple Support Specialists that can guide you on how to use the macOS Recovery Console on a Intel Apple Mac Computer or a newer Apple Silicon M1, M2 Apple Mac Computer.
The macOS Recovery Console on Apple Mac computers provides the abiluity to repair macOS by using Apple Disk First Aid, to Re-Install macOS, and to restore from a Apple Time Machine backup and to also re-install macOS to an external storage volume + a few other Apple security features. You can use the macOS Recovery Console to reset your Computer Account Password and to Erase a Apple Mac Computer to reset it back to factory settings.
How to start-up a Apple Mac Computer to the MacOS Recovery Console.
For Apple M1 and Apple M2, M3 and newer Apple Mac computers the Command (⌘) and R is no longer used follow the steps below:-
- Power off the Apple Mac Computer.
- Press and Hold Down the Power Button on the Apple Mac Computer until the Apple Logo appears and the message Loading Startup Options, then release the Power Button.
- Click on Options to Continue.
- Select a user you know the Password for…
- If you do not know the password ask the user to enter this for your, or use the Blue Forgot All Passwords option.
- If you have successfully entered the Computer Account Password for the User then click on Next.
- From the MacOS Recovery Console Menu.
- Restore from Time Machine Backup
- Re-Install macOS <Name> ie macOS Ventura
- Disk Utility.
- Highlight the option that you need then click on Continue.
- To go back click on the Red Dot to close the Menu Item to return to the main macOS Recovery Menu Sceen.
Usually when using the macOS Recovery Console Apple Disk First Aid is used to repair and perform maintenance on the Storage volume.
Using the macOS Recovery Console on a Intel Apple Mac Computer.
The Power Button is not used on a Intel Apple Mac Computer to Startup the computer into the macOS Recovery console the Command (⌘) and R Keys are used to startup macOS to the macOS Recovery Console.
The Menu Items are the same or are very similar to the macOS Recovery Console on a Apple M1 or Apple M2 computer.
Get professional MacOS IT support from Keith Thomas on how to use the MacOS recovery console on a Intel Apple Mac computer or Apple M1, M2 Apple Silocon Mac computer.
Find out how to use and understand the macOS recovery console.
Read our free guide on how to use the Apple Mac recovery console or simply contact a Apple Mac specialist for expert help and assistance on how to use the Apple Mac recovery console on your Apple Mac computer.
The Apple Mac recovery console is installed on all Apple Mac computers that have Apple MacOS Lion 10.7 or later installed.
Command (⌘) and R – macOS Recovery Console for Intel Apple Mac computers
The Apple Mac Recovery console for Apple Mac OS Lion to Apple Mac OS Catalina is very similar, however starting with Apple Mac OS Big Sur, the Apple Mac Big Sur Recovery console has now changed, and the way to enter the Apple Mac recovery console has changed too.
Apple Mac computers that have an Intel CPU use the Command (⌘) and the R key to start up a Intel Apple Mac computer into the Apple Mac OS Recovery Console.
If you have a newer Apple Mac computer that is not Intel and it is Apple M1, M2 Apple Silicon start here to use the MacOS recovery console.
Professional Apple Mac Recovery console support for Apple Mac home users and for companies that need assistance with the Apple Mac Recovery console.
The Apple Mac computers do not come with any Apple MacOS operating system disks or media, the last Apple Mac computers to support media was Apple Mac OS Snow Leopard 10.6 and Apple MacOS Lion with a Apple Lion 10.7 recovery USB media memory stick.
The Mac OS Recovery console history.
All Apple Mac computers since Apple MacOS snow leopard have an Apple MacOS recovery console, the Apple MacOS recovery console is used to fix and repair an Apple Mac computer startup problem and to fix and repair software issues and problems with either the internal Apple Mac computer storage volume or can be used to fix and repair an external storage volume.
The Apple MacOS recovery console can also be used to restore an Apple Time Machine backup and to re-install the Apple MacOS operating system software.
The Apple MacOS recovery console can also be used to troubleshooting a Apple Mac internet connection issue and problem by testing the Apple Mac computer from the Apple Mac recovery option of “Get help online” from the Apple Mac recovery console.
The Apple Mac Recovery Console Modes and Options.
- Apple Mac Time Machine Restore & Apple Migration Assistant from the macOS recovery console.
- Re-install MacOS operating system.
- Get Help online – Mac recovery Apple Safari edition.
- Apple Disk Utility.
- Reset the Apple Mac computer password.
- Install Apple MacOS to an external storage volume or memory storage device.
Apple Time Machine restore from the recovery console.
To use the Apple Mac recovery console to restore a Apple Time Machine backup from the Apple Mac recovery console connect the Apple Time Machine backup drive to the Apple Mac computer and restart the Apple Mac with the Command CMD ⌘ key and R keys held down.
For Mac OS Big Sur or newer macOS simply switch off the Apple Mac computer and press and hold down the Power Button, and keep the button held down until you get the option to either start the Apple Mac computer from the internal storage volume or enter the Apple Mac Big Sur recovery console.
This will start the Apple Mac computer to the Apple Mac recovery console so that the Apple Time Machine backup can be restored to the Apple Mac computer. This will erase and delete any data that is on the internal storage volume of the Apple Mac computer. You might get the option to use the Apple Migration assistant with the macOS recovery console if you need to restore from a previous Apple Time Machine backup.
If your Apple Mac computer will not enter the macOS recovery console, simply shut down the Apple Mac computer, wait a few minutes and try the process again. Often this simply to do task works.
How to start up to the Mac recovery console for Mac OS Lion to Mac OS Catalina for Intel Apple Mac computers
- Switch off your Apple Mac computer.
- Power on your Apple Mac computer.
- As soon as you get the start-up Apple logo press and hold down the Command (⌘) + R keys on the keyboard (2 keys).
Apple Mac recovery console start-up keys and options for Mac OS Lion to Mac OS Catalina.
- Command (⌘) + R keys – start-up to the Apple Mac recovery console.
- Alt Key or Option Key – Start up the Apple Mac computer showing the available bootable disks.
- D Key – Starts up the Apple Mac computer to the Apple hardware diagnostics menu.
The macOS Internet Recovery Mode.
If a Intel Apple Mac computer start-up disk has been erased or the macOS Recovery Console does not work, or you need to downgrade macOS, or put macOS back to it’s original macOS operating system software version then the macOS Internet Recovery Mode can help.
Information – macOS Internet recovery mode keys do not work on Apple M1, M2 or newer Apple Mac computers!
Start-up keys – Downloads macOS over the Internet on more recent Apple Mac computers.
- Command (⌘) – R – Reinstall the same macOS operating system that was installed on your Apple Mac computer.
- Option – Command ⌘ R – Upgrade to the latest Apple Mac operating system that is supported for the Apple Mac model.
- Shift-Option-⌘-R – Reinstall the original Apple MacOS operating system that was supplied with your Apple Mac computer (macOS Downgrade).
- ALT Key – Allows macOS to show other storage volumes and any macOS or PC Bootable operating system.
Apple Mac Internet Recovery Mode Information.
The reinstall from MacOS recovery is also known as Apple MacOS internet recovery, it is not recommended that you downgrade from a newer Apple MacOS operating system software version. Starting with MacOS Monterey a new macOS feature can reset macOS user data without having to erase and re-install macOS.
How to use the Apple Mac Internet recovery mode for Mac OS Lion 10.7x
- Switch off your Apple Mac computer and immediately hold down one of the keyboard options
- Command (⌘)-R | Reinstall the latest Apple Mac OS operating system software on your Mac.
- Option- (⌘)-R – Upgrade to the latest Apple Mac operating system that is supported on your Apple Mac.
- Shift-Option-(⌘)-R – Downgrade the Apple Mac operating system software to the earliest one available.
Apple Mac recovery console menu items.
- Restore from Apple Time Machine Backup.
- Reinstall MacOS.
- Get Help Online.
- Apple Disk Utility.
- Terminal Menu.
How to Restore from Time Machine backup.
Use the Apple Migration Assistant if you need to restore from a Apple Time Machine Backup, early versions of macOS allowed using the macOS Recovery Console to Restore from a Apple Time Machine Backup, and Apple Time Machine Backups were also bootable.
To restore you entire Apple Mac computer from a Apple Time Machine backup, connect your Apple storage volume to your Apple Mac computer if this is a USB or USB c or Thunderbolt external storage volume, or ideally connect your Apple Mac Time Capsule to the Apple Mac computer using a ethernet cable, and following the same steps to enter the Apple Mac recovery console.
How to Restore a Apple Time Machine Backup from a NAS (Network Storage Volume).
The Time Machine restore also has the ability to restore from a NAS Network attached storage volume by entering in the path to the NAS server from the Network button. a SMB network server path is required.
If you need to give away or you need to sell an Apple Mac computer, then you need to follow the Apple guidelines on how to give away, or sell or recycle an Apple Mac computer.
With MacOS Monterey and newer MacOS versions, newer Apple Mac computer support erasing the computer by using a feature of MacOS Monterey, macOS Ventura to reset the Apple Mac computer back to factory settings by Erasing the Data, this works in the same way as how you reset an Apple iPhone or Apple iPad, however, newer Apple Macs support MacOS Activation Lock, and this needs to be sign out of before you erase a newer Apple Mac computer.
Keith Thomas is an Apple Support Specialist that worked at Apple Computer UK as a senior Apple Mac computer engineer and Apple IT support consultant. Providing Apple computer technical support services to the general public and to Apple Authorised Service Providers, and Apple Authorised Premium Resellers in the UK United Kingdom.
Today Keith Thomas is one of the leading Apple computer consultants in the UK, providing • onsite • remote • telephone Apple Mac computer technical support service and Apple IT consultancy to a wide range of companies • small businesses, and also for the general public.
How to get Help with using the macOS Recovery Console?
Get professional Apple Mac computer help and IT support Keith Thomas Apple Mac computer specialist and Apple Mac computer experts. Simply complete the online website contact forms for assistance.